A new stop has been added to the fifth season of the PokerStars.net Asia Pacific Poker Tour (APPT), with Seoul’s Paradise Walkerhill Casino hosting an event from March 7 to 11 next year.
The South Korean leg now becomes the fourth stop on a five-event tour and during its five days will play host to five tournaments, finishing off with the KRW (₩) 3,000,000 ($2,598) buy-in main event.
South Korea has previously hosted two APPT events, with Israel’s Ziv Bachar taking home $139,000 for winning season one’s 186-player main event and Japan’s Yoshihiro Tasaka leaving with $128,000 after seeing off 165 other starters in season two.
However, following a two-year interruption, the APPT is back in South Korea for an event that is sure to draw in a record-breaking field that has been capped at a maximum of 250 players.
That target shouldn’t be a problem as players only have to be 19 to play poker in Seoul.
The fifth leg of the tour takes in the Philippines, although few details – other than that the main event will have a PHP100,000 ($2,278) buy-in – have been provided by organisers. We will, of course, keep you updated here at Poker News Report.
You can qualify online at PokerStars to win packages for the 2012 APPT Seoul. Satellites are already running, so get there quickly to secure your place in South Korea come next March.
2012 APPT Seoul schedule
All amounts are in South Korean Won (₩, KRW)
- March 7:
- 14:00, ₩420,000 ($364) buy-in main event mega satellite (in Casino), 1-in-8 win
- 18:00, ₩420,000 ($364) buy-in main event mega satellite (in Casino), 1-in-8 win
- March 8:
- 12:15, event 1, APPT Seoul ₩3,000,000 ($2,602) buy-in main event Day 1A
- 16:00, ₩420,000 ($364) buy-in main event mega satellite, 1-in-8 win
- 20:00, ₩650,000 ($564) buy-in main event last chance mega satellite, 1-in-5 win
- March 9:
- 12:15, APPT Seoul ₩3,000,000 ($2,602) buy-in main event Day 1B
- 18:00, ₩400,000 ($347) per team No-Limit Hold’em team event
- March 10:
- 16:00, ₩300,000 ($260) buy-in No-Limit Hold’em bounty event
- 20:00, ₩1,100,000 ($954) buy-in Pot-Limit Omaha event
- March 11:
- 12:30, ₩6,000,000 ($5,206) buy-in High Rollers Event (two tables maximum)