From October 28th to November 12th, players in France, Spain, and Portugal will be able to take part in the Southern European Championship of Online Poker.
Players in PokerStars´ ring-fenced market of France, Spain, and Portugal have not been short of valuable tournament series this year. When France and Spain first shared player pools in January, PokerStars celebrated with a [geolink href=”https://www.pokernewsreport.com/pokerstars-announces-e5-million-guaranteed-fresh-series-22111″]€5 million FRESH series[/geolink]; when Portugal joined the shared liquidity market in May the site hosted a [geolink href=”https://www.pokernewsreport.com/trio-series-to-boost-pokerstars-shared-liquidity-market-22464″]€5 million TRIO series[/geolink]; and, while the rest of the world was competing in the WCOOP, PokerStars ran a [geolink href=”https://www.pokernewsreport.com/pokerstars-to-host-eu-galactic-series-during-wcoop-22650″]€15 million GALACTIC series[/geolink] for its Southern European players.
Now PokerStars has announced the Southern European Championship of Online Poker (SECOOP) – a series of 149 events that will run from Sunday October 28th to Monday November 12th. The series has a guarantee of more than €10 million and is being supported by a host of promotions in which players can win tickets to the €1 million guaranteed SECOOP Main Event and one of three Platinum Passes for the [geolink href=”https://www.pokernewsreport.com/pokerstars-announces-2019-players-nl-holdem-championship-22045″]PokerStars Players Championship (PSPC)[/geolink] that takes place in the Bahamas in January.
Packed Schedule has Plenty of Variety
With the exception of a couple of phased events, all the SECOOP action takes place between 6:00pm and 12:30am (all times CET – remember, the clocks go back on the morning of October 28th). Players will have up to twelve events per day to choose from – mostly NL Hold´em tournaments – with the variety of formats including Progressive KO, Heads-Up, Big Stack, Re-Buy & Add-On, Zoom, and Hyper-Turbo. The schedule also includes a couple of novelty events such as Win the Button and Bubble Rush.
The phased events (#5 “Hercules” and #108 “Flight”) are interesting inasmuch as they offer players to compete for prize pools of up to €250,000 for buy-ins starting at €20, but the big attraction of the series will be the SECOOP Main Event that starts on Sunday November 11th at 8:00pm. The two-day Main Event has a €250 buy-in and is guaranteed for €1 million, and is supported by a satellite schedule starting at StarsCoin level. Players can also win seats in the Main Event via several exciting promotions.
Win SECOOP Seats and PSPC Platinum Passes
Just in case the prospect of playing for a share of €10 million is not enough to attract players to the series, PokerStars is giving away more than €170,000 in free SECOOP tickets plus three PSPC Platinum Passes worth a further €72,000. There are five promotions announced at present to support the SECOOP series, these being:
- A Depositors Freeroll – Players depositing €50 or more using the PokerStars bonus code SECOOP will be given a ticket to a special freeroll tournament on November 10th with two hundred Main Event seats up for grabs.
- SECOOP Spin & Go – During the series, the site will be hosting a special edition of its Spin & Go games with a €12.50 buy-in. The random prizes awarded will be 2x, 4x or 6x the buy-in, or a €250 ticket to the SECOOP Main Event.
- Second Chance Freerolls – Second Chance freeroll tournaments with €3,500 in tournament tickets as prizes will be held every day at 8:30pm. Players finishing out of the money in any SECOOP tournament will be given a free entry ticket.
- SECOOP Challenge Freerolls – The SECOOP Challenge is to play in SECOOP events on four or more days. Players who complete the challenge will be invited to a freeroll on November 18th with a PSPC Platinum Pass as the prize. Those who play in SECOOP events on eight or more days will be invited to a second freeroll on the same day with a second PSPC Pass up for grabs.
- Daily Leaderboard Freeroll – Each day through the series, PokerStars will be running a leaderboard with points awarded to players according to their finishing positions and the type of tournament (HU, 4-Max, 6-Max, etc.). The winner of each day´s leaderboard competition will be invited to a special freeroll on November 18th with a further PSPC Pass for the winner.
The special edition SECOOP Spin & Go games are already live in the PokerStars client, and satellites for the early events in the series are already being played in the SECOOP lobby. Remember, you don´t have to be a resident of France, Spain, or Portugal to play in the series or take advantage of the promotions. If you live in a country that´s not subject to a national regulation, you can [geolink href=”https://www.pokernewsreport.com/how-to-create-an-account-on-pokerstars-es-22134″]create an account on PokerStars.es[/geolink] to take part in the SECOOP series and claim a first deposit bonus of up to €500.