The Bad Beat Jackpot at BetOnline Poker has been climbing and will soon hit a whopping $700,000 if nobody loses with quad jacks or better soon.
Players tend to flock to the BBJ tables once the jackpot hits around $500K or so, meaning that the BBJ will likely continue to rise at a faster than usual pace. One great component of the BBJ at BetOnline Poker is that when the big one hits, players at all of the Bad Beat Jackpot tables at the US-facing poker site grab a share of the prize.
Here is a rundown on how the payouts are distributed:
- 5% of the pot goes to the player who suffers the bad beat
- 5% of the pot is collected by the winner of the hand
- 10% of the pot gets split among all active players at the BBJ table
- 10% of the pot gets split among all active players at other BBJ tables
- 35% of the pot is used to seed the next BBJ
- 15% of the jackpot is pocketed by BetOnline Poker for administrative fees
Let’s assume that the BBJ is hit at exactly $700,000 to see what the actual payouts would be. Keep in mind that the way that the jackpot is rising, odds are good that the BBJ will surpass $700K, so the amounts will actually be higher than the totals listed below.
If the BBJ hits at $700,000, then:
- $122,500 goes to the player who suffers the bad beat
- $87,500 is collected by the winner of the hand
- $70,000 gets split among all active players at the BBJ table
- $70,000 gets split among all active players at other BBJ tables
- $245,000 is used to seed the next BBJ
- $105,000 is pocketed by BetOnline Poker for administrative fees
Wow. It’s certainly well worth a shot to sit down at a BBJ and aim for a huge jackpot. That’s life-changing money ($122,500) if you happen to be the player who actually suffers the bad beat.
Just being seated and active at the BBJ table could be worth $10,000 or more! And being at any Bad Beat Jackpot table would be good for a few hundred bucks at least when 10% ($70,000) of the jackpot gets doled out to everybody.
Past BBJ Winners
If you think that your luck is bad and that you’d never be on the receiving end of a huge jackpot, take a look at some of the past winners. All of them likely thought the same thing – except for “santinhoz” who actually hit the BBJ twice in about six weeks!
The current BBJ has been growing for more than three months. You never know when someone will lose with quads or better. In January of this year, it happened four times in the same month!
Know the BBJ Qualifying Hand
BBJ players should keep in mind that the qualifying hand changes as the jackpot rises. BetOnline Poker actually lowers the qualifying hand, increasing the odds of a BBJ hit!
The current qualifying hand is four jacks, which is prominently displayed on the poker software banners at BetOnline Poker. It’s a good idea to periodically check those banners to be aware of the updated BBJ requirements, if any.
If you’ve yet to deposit and play at BetOnline Poker but are interested in taking a shot at a huge jackpot at the BBJ tables, a generous Welcome Bonus awaits you. The US-friendly poker room offers a 100% up to $1,000 bonus for first timers.
In other words, you can boost your bankroll as you play while aiming for the $122,500 or more that the next Bad Beat Jackpot will pay out to whoever loses with four jacks or better. In fact, I’m on my way to the BBJ tables right now to give it a go!
[ctalink room=”betonlinepoker” text=”Visit BetOnline.ag”][/ctalink]