Stars Out in Force for British Poker Awards
The British Poker awards were hosted at the London Hippodrome on Monday night, with many of the UK´s leading players forgoing the Oscars to be in attendance.
The cream of British poker (and one Canadian) was honoured at the Bluff Poker Awards on Monday night in front of a packed house at the London Hippodrome. The event kicked off with a sparkling drinks reception, entertainment provided by a live band and then the awards were announced by Michael Caselli – Editor-in-Chief for Bluff Europe Magazine.
Eighteen awards were distributed throughout the evening – thirteen of which were decided by public votes, while the remainder were decided by a panel of judges made up from the event sponsors and the top poker players. There was a strong field of nominations, but no surprises among the categories that were decided by public vote, with Dusk till Dawn winning the award for the Best Card Room and Chris Moorman winning the Best Online Tournament Player award.
PokerStars Has a Good Evening
It was also a good night for PokerStars, who picked up an award for the Best UK Tournament (EPT London) and the Best Tournament Director (Toby Stone) , as well as having three of their sponsored Team pros recognised for their achievements – one of them twice!
British Poker Awards – Public Vote
- Best Card Room – Dusk till Dawn
- Best UK Tournament – EPT London
- Best Poker League – Redtooth Poker
- Best Blogger – Neil Channing
- Best Social Media User – Victoria Coren
- Poker Personality of the Year – Sam Grafton
- Best Poker Software – PokerTracker
- Performance of the Year – Barny Boatman
- Best Poker Training Site – Run It Once
- Best Live Tournament Player – Sam Trickett
- Best Online Tournament Player – Chris Moorman
- Best Online Cash Player – Alex “Kanu7” Millar
- Best International Player – Daniel Negreanu
British Poker Awards – Panel Verdict
- Best Tournament Director – Toby Stone
- Best Live Cash Player – Sam Trickett
- Best Contribution to Poker – Tony “Tikay” Kendall
- Lifetime Achievement – Barny Boatman
- Player of the Year – Alex “Kanu7” Millar
Boeree Takes Two Home (Awards)
With Toby Stone unable to attend due to the UKIPT Dublin still taking place, and Daniel Negreanu over in LA playing the WPT Poker Classic, Liv Boeree collected awards on their behalf. Chris Moorman – also in LA – accepted his award via video, while Sam Trickett, Barny Boatman and Alex Millar also made dual appearances on stage.
Tony Kendall – selected as making the Best Contribution to Poker – modestly tweeted after accepting his award:
Many thanks to all @ BluffEurope for an amazing evening, the Award was a total surprise, & thoroughly undeserved.
The evening concluded with a Pro/Am bounty tournament where attendees could play against their poker heroes and host Michael Caselli commented
There isn’t really any other event that brings players, industry and the public into one room to celebrate the achievements of poker.